Obermeyer’s Florist was founded in 1899 by Gustovias Obermeyer, with a retail outlet located in downtown Parkersburg, and greenhouses at the current location. Upon Mr. Obermeyer’s death, his daughter, Marie Taylor, assumed operation of the business.
In 1948, she built the current retail facilities, and sold the business to Russell and Gordon Jemison in 1952. Robert and Linda Brownfield purchased the business in 1978. In October of 2015, Tom and Amy Perkins became the fourth family to own Obermeyer's Florist. Their daughters, Jennifer and Tina Perkins, operate and maintain the Obermeyer's traditions of superior quality, exceptional designs and the highest degree of integrity.